DBS Checks for WYCE Volunteers

If you’ve applied to WYCE for a place on our Volunteer Programme but don’t have an Enhanced DBS Certificate, don’t worry, you can apply through us for only £15 (Plus postage costs of £6.45 depending on the size of your documents). However, you must apply for this as soon as you have booked your stay – they can take several weeks to come through.

Please make your payment and send us - at the address below - 3 documents, of which at least 1 must be from group 1. If you can’t provide anything from Group 1, please contact us. Once we’ve received your payment and documents, you’ll be sent a link and password by Personnel Checks for you to complete an online form using their secure system, and we’ll verify your documents and return them to you by Registered Post. You’ll be sent your certificate in the post a couple of weeks later. You may need to send this to us.

Group 1

• Current Driving Licence Photo Card (UK/Isle of Man/ Channel Islands and EU)

• Current Valid Passport

• Birth Certificate issued at time of birth (UK)

• Biometric Residence Permit (UK)

• Adoption Certificate (UK)

Group 2

• Current Driving Licence Photo Card (All other countries)

• Old Style Paper Driving Licence (UK/Isle Of Man/Channel Islands and EU) [NOTE: The paper counterpart to a Driving Licence Photo Card is not acceptable]

• Birth Certificate – issued after time of birth (UK & Channel Islands) -

• Marriage/Civil Partnership Certificate (UK)

• HM Forces ID Card (UK)

• Fire Arms Licence (UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man).

• Mortgage Statement (UK or EEA) (issued in the last 12 months)

• Bank/Building Society Statement (UK or EEA) (issued in the last 3 months)

• Bank/Building Society Account Opening Confirmation Letter (UK) (issued in the last 3 months)

• Credit Card Statement (UK or EEA) (issued in the last 3 months)

• Financial Statement - eg. pension, endowment, ISA (issued in the last 12 months)

• P45 or P60 Statement UK - (issued in the last 12 months)

• Council Tax Statement (UK) (issued in the last 12 months)

• Work Permit/Visa (UK) (UK Residence Permit)

• Letter of Sponsorship from future employment provider (Non-UK/Non-EEA only – valid only for applicants residing outside of the UK at time of application)

• Utility Bill (issued in the last 3 months)

• Benefit Statement - eg. Child Allowance, Pension (issued in the last 3 months)

• A document from Central/ Local Government/ Government Agency/ Local Authority giving entitlement (UK & Channel Islands)*- eg. from the Department for Work and Pensions, the Employment Service, Customs & Revenue, Job Centre, Job Centre Plus, Social Security (issued in the last 3 months)

• EU National ID Card – must be valid • Cards carrying the PASS accreditation logo (UK) – must be valid

• Letter from Head Teacher or College Principal (16-19 year olds in full time education - only used in exceptional circumstances when all other documents have been exhausted).

We can only accept original documents, so please do not send copies.

Please send documents, addressed to Heather Scott, WYCE, 47 Delves Crescent, Walsall, West Midlands, WS5 4LS

Registered Charity No: 1089167

© 2015 WYCE. Created by Ian Marshall using Wix.com